Established in 1983 as a cooperative effort between government, the SA National Council for the Blind and later Autism SA, the Children’s
disABILITY Training Centre is a multi-discipline service provider that aims to support children within the Autism Spectrum and other disabilities and barriers to learning, as well as supporting their families and teachers.
Children with autism (ASD) do not respond to conventional methods of education due to their unique patterns of thinking. By creating awareness and providing focussed training to caregivers and education professionals, it is our belief that we can help these children to reach their full potential.
This is why we use our resources to:
- Provide diagnostic, consultant and therapeutic services.
- Equip educators and therapists in Africa to deliver disability-specific educational support to learners with barriers.
- Support and guide the parents of children within the Autism Spectrum and other learning and communication barriers.
- Establish satellite services for children in impoverished areas with learning and communication barriers.
- Create public awareness about learning and communication barriers.
- Carry out valuable medical research.